Monday, January 16, 2012

My Crazy World...

Welcome to my little crazy corner of the world. Are any of you like me...do you wonder how certain things come about? Take for instance "My corner of the world"....how can a round sphere have corners? How about "Mind your own bees wax", "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water", "Cabin Fever" or "Mind your Ps & Qs"... When you are a night owl and you don't get much sleep, your mind tends to zig when it should zag and strange things filter in. As for the answers to the above quotes, well I will post answers later....yes, there really is reasoning behind them. For now, I will just move on to what makes my life truly crazy.

KIDS! Four wonderful, amazing, talented, button pushing, gray hair causing kids! Three girls that are as different as night and day and a son that has hit the "ALL BOY" stage. My oldest daughter loves to sing, sew, and work with children. She is a girly girl who prefers skirts and dresses, and has to put on makeup before going to Walmart. She also has her first boyfriend...need I say more?! My second oldest...she LOVES music...I swear she, eats, drinks, and breaths music. She plays the guitar, piano, flute, harmonica, ocarina, hammered dulcimer, mountain dulcimer, bowed psaltry, pan pipes, and she is learning to play the accordion. She would rather die then put on a dress...hoodies and jeans with worn out knees are her thing. My third child...she is like a butterfly just coming out of its cocoon. She is trying to find herself while still trying to be like her sisters. Makes for one really crazy emotional ride. As for my youngest, he is trouble with a capitol T! He used to be this sweet, innocent lil' boy... Now, he karate chops everything, a stick is automatically a gun, and his favorite sport is annoying his sisters. This morning as I was soaking in the tub, I listened quietly as my kids walked down the hall, past the bathroom door. One went quietly past...daughter number three. A bit later I heard the quiet tapping of a rhythm go past the door...no doubt daughter number two. Then all of a sudden there was the piercing sounds of laser guns, and guttural "ehhhhhhh, ehhhhhhh, ehhhhhh's" as my son was pretending to mow things down with the ever popular finger machine guns. And if wrangling four kids wasn't enough, we also have a mini petting zoo. Throw into the mix 6 hens, 4 ducks, 2 rabbits, 2 toads, and a fat furry walrus...I mean dog...it's no wonder I'm losing my mind!

So, what will my blog contain? Who knows...how's that for an honest answer... I will be blogging about my day to day life- the good, the bad, and the ugly. It will also contain bits of obscure things that come to mind. So grab and cup of tea or coffee and join me...you know you will be up all night anyway~

No comments:

Post a Comment